Before Intravenous Anesthesia
- Do not eat any food for 8 hours before to your appointment. You may drink clear liquids such as water, Sprite, Coke or Gatorade up to 2 hours prior to your appointment. Do not wear contact lenses to your appointment. If you routinely take oral medications, please check with Dr. James prior to your appointment for instructions.
- Do not smoke for at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following the procedure.
- Please wear loose-fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes.
- Jewelry and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or bowel upset, please notify the office.
Do You Have Missing Teeth or Serious Pain in Your Teeth or Jaw?
Call Us Now to Reclaim a Pain-Free, Confident Smile!